Copyright 2016 Elliottsweb.
All Rights Reserved.

Se Habla Espanol



Call Us For A Free Consultation



Workers’ Compensation

Chicago Personal Injury Attorneys > Practice Areas > Workers’ Compensation

Chicago Workers’ Compensation Attorneys

If you were injured at work or developed an occupational-related condition or disease, you most likely are eligible to obtain workers’ compensation benefits through your employers workers’ compensation insurance policy.

In some cases, you may be eligible to obtain financial compensation in addition to workers’ comp. The Chicago workers’ compensation attorneys of The Horwitz Law Group can help you obtain all the financial compensation and other benefits you are entitled to receive.

About Workers’ Compensation

Depending on the specific circumstances, your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance may pay the following benefits:

  • Reasonable medical care
  • Vocational rehabilitation expenses
  • A portion of your average weekly wages while you are too injured to work at all or are only able to return to light duty work
  • Payments for those who suffer a permanent disability
  • Death benefits to survivors

If you are injured while on the job, you must notify your employer within 45 days of the injury. Failure to give proper notice can result in the loss of all benefits. Our attorneys can help you at all stages of the workers’ compensation process. Contact our Chicago workers’ compensation lawyers for advice and legal assistance in filing your claim, if you have trouble obtaining benefit, or if the insurance company insists that you are capable of going back to work before you are able.

About Third-Party Personal Injury Claims

In most cases, you cannot bring a personal injury lawsuit against your employer or a co-worker. However if your on-the-job injury was caused by a third party — someone other than your employer or a co-worker — you may be able to obtain financial compensation for damages in addition to your workers’ compensation benefits.

For example, if you were driving a company truck and were hit by another car, we could help you obtain compensation from the other driver.

You can pursue compensation for your pain and suffering through a third-party claim. Workers’ comp does not pay injured workers for these damages.

To learn if we can be of assistance, please contact us by e-mail or call 312-641-9200. The initial consultation is free of charge.