Motorcycle Safety Tips
Warm weather is back in Chicago. There will be plenty of opportunities to go out riding over the weekend. But with the warmer weather returning, the number of motorcycle accidents is likely to increase as well. Unfortunately, the roads in Chicago remain a dangerous for all drivers. It is especially important for motorcycle riders to be extra careful while out on the roads.
Here are some tips to help keep you safe:
- Approach intersections with caution, make sure other vehicles are stopped before proceeding.
- Wear protective equipment: helmet, gloves, protective footwear and jacket.
- Inspect your bike before riding, make sure headlight are in working order, check your tire pressure and breaks.
- Avoid riding at night, especially on highways and expressways.
- Obey traffic laws, speed limits and stop signs.
- Make sure you are properly insured, liability insurance is required by law in Illinois.
For more information on motorcycle safety, check out The Horwitz Law Group’s Motorcycle Accident FAQ. Unlike most vehicles on the road, motorcycles offer the rider no protection. Regardless of the number of safety precautions you take, accidents happen. If you have been in a motorcycle accident and suffered injuries, seek the advice of a Chicago Motorcycle Accident Lawyer from The Horwitz Law Group.