Some accidents are not the fault of the drivers or their vehicles, but are the fault of the roadway itself. It takes an experienced Chicago car accident attorney who understands how to investigate an accident claim to determine whether a dangerous road or highway condition caused or contributed to an accident that caused injury or death.
Unsafe Highway Injury Claims
The Chicago hazardous roadway injury lawyers of The Horwitz Law Group have successfully represented clients involved in all kinds of auto accidents. We never jump to conclusions about who or what caused the accident. We review the police report and, when necessary, we will hire our own investigator or an accident reconstructionist to determine the facts of the case. We may run our own tests to measure, for example, the coefficient of drag on a curve in the road that is suspiciously dangerous. In some cases we find evidence of dangerous or defective road conditions, such as:
- Dangerously designed or constructed roads, bridges or intersections
- Poorly maintained roads
- Improper drainage of roadways
- Failure to properly manage traffic in a road construction area through a maintenance of traffic (MOT) plan
- Excessive debris on the road from road construction
- Lack of or inadequate guardrails and other highway hardware
- Inadequate lighting on highways and streets
- Defective or poorly visible traffic signs
- Inadequate signs and signals at railway crossings or intersections
Part of our investigation is to determine whether other, similar accidents have occurred at the same location in the past. When people continue to be injured or killed in the same place, the roadway, not the drivers, may be at fault.
Getting Answers, Taking Action, Pursuing Justice
When you entrust us with your case, you can be assured that we will find out what happened and who is at fault. Then we will pursue justice on your behalf. To arrange afree consultation about your case, please contact The Horwitz Law Group by e-mail or call 312-641-9200.