A fracture can occur in an accident of almost any kind. Many people do not realize that broken bones are a very serious personal injury. Depending on their severity, fractures can come with life-long complications and permanent damage. Most bone breaks heal, but often times they don not heal correctly. A fracture victim is often left with complications such as permanent disability, permanent pain, and permanent stiffness for the duration of their life. If you are suffering from a fracture and the painful complications that accompany it, you could be entitled to compensation for your injuries and the cost of treatment.
At The Horwitz Law Group, our Illinois personal injury attorneys have been representing people who have sustained fracture injuries for over two decades. If your fracture occurred because of the carelessness or neglect of another, we can help you to receive compensation, especially if your fracture resulted in major complications, such as:
- Malunion- The bone heals with a deformity, such as at an angle, in a rotated position, or in a shortened position.
- Nonunion– The bone fails to mend due to separation of the fracture ends. This often results in the need for bone graft surgery.
- Nerve Injury– Occurs when a fractured causes damages a proximate nerve.
- Osteomyelitis– A bone infection resulting from a fracture that breaks through the skin, allowing outside bacteria to penetrate the fracture.
- Osteoarthritis– This occurs when a bone is fractures into several pieces and they extend into a joint, causing excruciating osteoarthritis.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a fracture that you believe needs legal attention, get in touch with an experienced fracture attorney at The Horwitz Law Group. Our personal injury lawyers have a track record of success in receiving compensation for fracture victims, especially of those with severe complications.
Call The Horwitz Law Group at (312) 641-9200 or send us an email to set up your free consultation with an experienced bone fracture attorney.