Car accidents, construction accidents and industrial accidents are common causes of burn injuries that can result in extreme pain, permanent scarring, disability and death. If your burn injury was caused by negligence, the Chicago burn injury attorneys of The Horwitz Law Group will pursue financial compensation for the full extent of damages.
About Burn Injuries
The National Burn Repository tracked patients who were admitted to hospitals for treatment of acute burns between 1999 and 2008. Their report showed:
- Fire and flames caused 40 percent of burn injury cases
- Scalds from hot liquids caused 30 percent of cases overall and caused the majority of injuries involving young children
- Contact with hot objects accounted for 9 percent of cases
- Electrical burns caused 4 percent of the cases
- Chemical burns caused 3 percent of the cases
Most burns result from accidents that occurred at home, at work or on a street or highway. The legal responsibility for injuries from those accidents varies case-by-case. Our Chicago injury attorneys will determine whether negligence was involved in your case.
Did Negligence Cause the Accident That Injured You?
- Did your landlord fail to install a smoke alarm?
- Did an electrical worker disregard proper lock-out tag-out procedures, putting you at risk of an electrical injury?
- Did defective machinery or lack of maintenance lead to an explosion or fire?
These are just a few examples of how careless, reckless or negligent behavior can cause an injury. Every case is different and must be analyzed by a lawyer with the experience to identify all possible sources of potential liability. Our attorneys will pursue maximum compensation for damages, including your pain and suffering, lost wages or income, current and future medical and rehabilitation expenses and more.
To learn if we can be of assistance, please contact us by e-mail or call (312) 641-9200. The initial consultation is free of charge.