A school bus accident is every parent’s nightmare. If your child was injured or killed in a school bus accident, or if you were hit by a school bus, it is important to move quickly to establish your right to obtain financial compensation for damages.
The Chicago school bus accident lawyers of The Horwitz Law Group represent all parties who may have been injured in school bus accidents, including:
- Children riding as bus passengers
- Children injured while getting on or off the bus
- Children or other pedestrians hit by a school bus
- Drivers and passengers of other vehicles involved in a school bus accident
Causes of Bus Accidents
Our Chicago auto accident attorneys will investigate to determine the possible causes of the school bus accident, including:
- Drunk driving or driving while impaired by drugs
- Distracted driving — texting or talking on a mobile phone, driving while supervising bus passengers
- Inadequate training or failure to follow procedures
- Inadequate bus maintenance, including bad brakes, bald tires or preventable mechanical failures
- Failure to comply with state and federal motor vehicle safety regulations
An average of 19 children die in school bus-related accidents each year in the U.S. : five occupants of a school bus or other school transportation vehicle and 14 pedestrians. — National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
School bus owners and operators must adhere to a higher standard of care than do drivers of private vehicles. If they fail to do so and someone is hurt because of their negligence, we will hold the liable parties financially responsible.
To arrange a free consultation about your case, please contact The Horwitz Law Group by e-mail or call 312-641-9200.