Copyright 2016 Elliottsweb.
All Rights Reserved.

Se Habla Espanol



Call Us For A Free Consultation



Do I Have Hit and Run Coverage?

Chicago Personal Injury Attorneys > Auto Accidents  > Do I Have Hit and Run Coverage?

Do I Have Hit and Run Coverage?

A hit and run accident can be a devastating time. As the victim, you may be left with injuries and damage to your property, and there may be no one to foot the bill but you. That is why it is important to make sure you’re covered for hit and run accidents through your car insurance company.

If you are able to gain enough information about the guilty party and if they have insurance, their company should cover your costs. Unfortunately, you won’t always have time to jot down a license plate number or take a photo when you are the victim of a hit and run. You simply may not be able to identify the person who hit you, or they may be uninsured. If you can’t identify them or they are uninsured, you will still be able to file a claim if you have uninsured or underinsured motorist insurance.

There are two categories of uninsured motorist coverage: bodily injury and property.

  • A bodily injury claim will pay for medical bills and compensate you and your passengers for injuries sustained in the hit and run.
  • An uninsured motorist property claim will compensate you for damage done to your car or any of your property.

Without this coverage, you will unfortunately have to pay the expenses yourself if you are the victim of a hit and run crash. Check with your insurance company today to make sure you and your family are covered.

If you have been injured in a hit an run accident and now find yourself struggling financially because of lost wadges and medical costs, call the personal injury attorneys at The Horwitz Law Group in Chicago, Illinois. Call 312-641-9200 for a free consultation.

No Comments

Leave a Comment