What Caused Your Truck Accident?
Many factors can cause or contribute to a truck accident. The Chicago truck accident attorneys of The Horwitz Law Group understand where to look for these potential causes and how to hold the negligent parties responsible. Our law firm aggressively pursues full and fair compensation for those injured in accidents involving large commercial trucks.
Common causes of commercial truck accidents can include:
- Dangerous lane-changing
- Driver fatigue
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Unlicensed drivers
- Distracted drivers
- Wide-angled turns
- Reckless or aggressive driving
- Failure to properly use turn signals, flares or safety equipment
- Failure to ensure that the load is properly secured
- Improper loading or overloaded trucks
- Dangerous roadways
- Lack of proper safety equipment or conspicuity markings
- Improperly maintained trucks
- Bad brakes or tires
- Truck defects
- Failure to comply with driver, vehicle or trucking company regulations
Sometimes the cause of the accident cannot be determined without a study by an accident reconstructionist. When necessary, our lawyers will retain accident reconstruction specialists to find out what factors led to the accident that injured or killed an innocent person.
Once we know what caused the accident, our next step is to determine who is at fault. More than one person or company may share legal responsibility for the accident. We then use our experience and legal knowledge to pursue full compensation for all of our client’s accident-related damages, from medical bills and rehabilitation expenses to lost wages and property damage.
Contact an Experienced Illinois Truck Accident Lawyer
Do not trust your case to just any lawyer. Contact The Horwitz Law Group to arrange a free initial consultation about your truck accident claim.