A slip on a spill in a grocery store can cause you to fall and become seriously injured. A trip on a turned-up rug or an uneven sidewalk can result in sprains, fractures and even serious head injuries.
If dangerous conditions on another’s property caused you to slip or trip and fall, please contact the Chicago slip and fall accident attorneys of The Horwitz Law Group. We can help you obtain financial compensation for damages such as pain and suffering, medical expenses and lost wages or income.
Illinois property owners can be held liable for any unnatural hazard that causes you to slip or fall and results in a serious injury. Property owners cannot, however, be held liable for naturally occurring hazards on their property such as snow, ice or rain. A fully qualified Chicago premises liability lawyer will review your case and explain your legal options.
Our Chicago slip and fall accident attorneys have obtained verdicts and settlements in slip-and-fall injury cases involving:
- Falls in retail stores
- Falls on uneven pavement
- Falls due to unnatural accumulations of ice and snow
- Falls down stairways that were in disrepair or lacking a railing
- Falls due to pot holes or other dangerous conditions in parking lots or ramps
- Falls on buses or trains
- Falls due to inadequate railings or balconies that give way
In slip-and-fall injury cases, we must prove that the property owner:
- Knew that a dangerous condition existed on the property
- Had enough time to repair the dangerous condition
- Failed to take action to correct the dangerous condition and keep others safe
Please do not delay or you may lose your chance to recover damages. For example, if you were injured on government-owned property, you have only 90 days to give notice of your intention to file a claim.
Each case must be evaluated individually. The individual facts of your case will determine the options available to you. Our lawyers do not offer off-the-shelf legal solutions. We will tailor our recommendations and representation to meet the specific needs of each case and each client.
It costs you nothing to learn if we can assist you. Please contact us by e-mail or call312-641-9200 to arrange a free initial consultation.