Bus accidents can result in extremely serious injuries and fatalities. Each Chicago bus accident attorney of The Horwitz Law Group seeks financial compensation for people injured in all kinds of bus accidents, including:
- CTA buses
- School buses
- Pace suburban buses
- Charter buses, including casino bus charters
- Over-the-road bus lines, like Greyhound, Jefferson and MegaBus
- Airport shuttle buses
The specific type of legal claim(s) and the deadline for filing vary depending on who owns the bus, whether you were a passenger or a bus company employee and many other factors. Our Chicago public transportation accident attorneys can untangle the knotty issues involved in bus accident claims.
Compensation for Bus Accident Injuries
Those who survive a bus accident can be left with serious injuries, including brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, burns, lacerations and fractures. In addition to the medical bills and pain and suffering, our lawyers will seek to recover compensation for lost wages or income and other damages related to the bus accident.
We thoroughly investigate the case to find the truth about what really happened and who is at fault. We will review the police report, interview witnesses and sometimes retain our own investigator or accident reconstructionist to help get the answers to questions such as:
- What the bus driver drinking or using drugs?
- Was the driver suffering from driver fatigue?
- Did the bus company force the driver to spend too many hours behind the wheel?
- Was the driver properly licensed?
- Had the bus been properly maintained?
- Were the brakes and tires in good condition?
- Were proper conspicuity markings in place?
- Did a defective road condition cause or contribute to the accident?
- Was there an onboard data or video recorder?
- Who is the responsible party or parties?
To arrange a free consultation about your case, please contact The Horwitz Law Group by e-mail or call 312-641-9200.